- late – broadly, extensively, widely
- causa latet, vis est notissima – The cause is hidden, but the result is well known.
- de lege lata – "from law passed" or "by law in force"
- Legend states that when the evangelist went to the lagoon where Venice would later be founded, an an – Part of Venice's coat of arms: a winged lion holding a sword upright and showing an opened book with the words: "Pax tibi, Marce, evangelista meus."
- lex lata – the law that has been borne
- sensu lato – with the broad, or general, meaning